We are a niche firm of UK and European patent attorneys, operating in the technical fields of engineering, electronics and telecommunications. Formed in 2006, the firm has established a reputation for providing high quality patent advice.
Areas of Expertise
- Wireless communication protocols, e.g. LTE, 4G
- Signal and Image Processing, e.g. Video Codecs
- Navigation Systems, e.g. GPS, Galileo, Route Guidance
- Electronic components and packaging
- Semiconductor Devices and Fabrication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices and Diagnostics
- Automotive Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Aeronautic Engineering and Space
- Robotics and Manufacturing
- Acoustics and Display Technology
- Quality. We pride ourselves on providing services of the highest quality. Whether we are drafting a complex new patent application or just paying a renewal fee on behalf of a client, we want to get things right and we want our clients to be 100% satisfied with our services and the way they are delivered.
- Right First Time. The patent system demands high standards, and we believe that taking the time to do things properly first time around is of paramount importance. A well prepared patent application will encounter fewer difficulties on its journey to grant and provide stronger protection in the long term. Advice that considers all of the issues at the outset puts our clients in the best possible position, and reduces the possibility of decisions having to be re-thought later on.
- Paperless Office. Our firm uses a modern electronic case management system, and we take full advantage of the electronic filing systems operated by the various Intellectual Property Offices, allowing us to operate almost entirely without paper. This enables us to use streamlined working practices and to eliminate inefficiencies as far as possible.
- Charging. Our efficient working practices enable us to keep our charges for handling formalities and non-substantive matters to an absolute minimum.
Areas of Work
- European Patent Applications
- UK Patent Applications
- International (PCT) Patent Applications
- European Patent Oppositions
- Patent Searching
- Patent Litigation
- UK Intellectual Property Office Proceedings
- UK Intellectual Property Enterprise Court Proceedings
- Patent and Trade Mark Renewals
- Trade Mark Applications
- Design Registrations
- Unregistered Design Rights
- Assignments and Licences
We obtain patents to protect our clients’ inventions. We handle the entire patenting process, from initial assessment of inventions and preparing patent applications, through to securing grant of patents around the world.
We manage patent portfolios on behalf of our clients, ensuring rights are maintained and that budgets are met. We advise on patent infringement and handle the licensing and enforcement of patents.
We advise on all aspects of Intellectual Property. We register trade marks and designs for our clients, and advise on the management and enforcement of trade marks, designs, copyright and domain names.
Large organisations outsource patent work to us. For some we coordinate global management of portions of their patent portfolios, for others we handle European filing and prosecution. We also handle patent work in a “ghost” capacity for organisations that manage formalities in-house.
For companies in this sector we tend to provide a complete patent management service, reporting to commercial managers or heads of research and development. We aim to put them in a position to make well informed decisions about their patents without undue burden on their time.
Organisations that are involved primarily in research often invest in patents before a path to revenue generation is clearly established. We work with these clients to secure their position, whilst being sensitive to the need to balance expenditure with commercial progress.
Patent attorneys from all around the world engage our firm to handle patent matters in Europe. We work to help non-European attorneys adapt their global strategy for Europe and the United Kingdom, with a view obtaining optimum outcomes as cost effectively as possible.